Thursday 22 August 2013

Yodel appear to make as much sense as a banana on the moon.

This picture is relevant
So anyway, as mentioned previously I told Yodel to cancel the delivery for my monitors about 8 days ago, but they still tried to deliver the monitors even after Amazon had refunded me. I watched the delivery attempts in amusement but with the hope that maybe they could get them delivered to me. 

Yesterday I posted on here that the 2nd parcel I was expecting from them finally arrived, being delivered to my work address. 

I re-ordered my monitors through another company specifically chosen because they didn't use Yodel and was emailed yesterday (21st of August 2013) advising the order had been dispatched via DPD. DPD emailed me and text me options on the delivery, such as changing the day or delivering it to my neighbour, great service.  

During the evening I got a call from my old house mate, and here it would be worth mentioning that I moved house about 2 weeks ago. He tells me "two monitors or tvs have turned up for you here", I am completely dumbfounded as they can't be the monitors from Amazon as I was told by Yodel that the order had been cancelled and returned back to Amazon, they said exactly this:


"Hey! I've spoken to the depot and your parcel is now being stopped and returned to the sender as per your instruction."

So I simply ask "Who are they from" to which I get the response "Amazon"...


Mega Face Palm

We have now entered the dark side

Apparently the monitor boxes have written on them something to the affect "Wrong deliver address", so they picked my billing address, which shows a little common sense but it not what I was told at any stage during me chasing the parcels with Yodel. However it can't be the wrong delivery address as Yodel delivered a parcel to the address used on both parcels yesterday. 

When I first called them after the initial delivery failure they took my mobile number in case the delivery driver got lost, I never received a call. I was also in communication with them over email and they never advised me via that method of the change of address, or have it listed on their myyodel.co.uk website. I was told multiple times that the address the parcels were being sent to was my work address. 

This morning (22nd of August 2013) DPD emailed and text me to give a one hour slot to expect the delivery and the name of the person making the delivery. Lovely.

So today I will be going to my old house to collect the two Amazon monitors, that have been refunded and was told they wouldn't be delivered to me anymore, and I have DPD delivering the other two monitors... so now I've got four monitors!

I will speak to both Amazon and Yodel about this....

Update to hopefully follow shortly. 



1 comment:

  1. Skypax services provide international consumers access to order any product from the
    UK and have it shipped to any destination Worldwide. We can forward or even purchase
    items directly for you from UK retailers or eBay and have them delivered directly to your home
    Uk delivery

    ReplyDelete