Wednesday 21 August 2013

The 2nd Parcel From the Abyss

Following on from my last post about the failure to deliver my monitors I have yet again found out the item I ordered at the same time through an Amazon seller has gone completely awry. 

I got the tracking number from the seller today (August 21st 2013) and promptly checked it on myyodel.co.uk as it has been 9 days since I placed my order and had received no information about it. 

This is what I am presented with:

We're have now entered the danger zone! Kenny Loggins are you there?
When I expand the Tracking Events I get a full list of, what can politely be called "lies". However please see the note below *. 

Delivery Card Left?! 
As you can see the package was delayed and took 3 days to even be put on a delivery van.

The delivery card being left is beyond me, especially as my work address doesn't have a postbox so no idea where they have been sticking those. 

"Customer Moved Address" now this one really has me stumped. I didn't get the tracking number for this parcel until today (August 21st 2013) and I had made no contact with Yodel about this parcel until today. 

*In the interests of fairness and impartiality


The address Yodel have on myyodel.co.uk is not correct, its almost correct but is missing the business name. Checking on Amazon I can see the delivery address against the item is correct so either the seller put the address on wrong or Yodel have made a mistake. However the "Customer Moved Address" may be the seller contacting Yodel about the item to update the address. 

I have contacted both Yodel and the seller for further information. 

UPDATE

So Yodel have replied to my query about the order, not really given any useful information other than:

"Don't worry I'll take a look into this and be in touch shortly.
Your parcel is out for delivery today up until 7pm. I'll keep you updated."

Then quickly followed by:

"Your parcel is out for delivery today up until 5.30pm. I'll keep you updated."

So not sure which delivery time I could expect my parcel by and myyodel.co.uk still shows:


You want your parcel, you have to suffer first.
It is now 15:17 August 21th 2013 and I sit here waiting for my parcel to be delivered by Yodel. If they do manage to deliver it I may have a gamble on the lottery as the moon, stars, planets, and gods have aligned in such glorious fashion that I must be momentarily blessed. 

Further Update

The parcel has finally been delivered, being handed into my claws at 1540 on August 21st 2013. A check of the label show it to be exactly what was on my Amazon order so the seller got it correct and the issue is with Yodel. 

This now raises more questions:
  • Why did it take so long to get delivered?
  • Where were the attempted delivery cards left?
  • What was the "customer moved address" about?
If Yodel provide any answers I'll be sure to post them here. 


The elusive Yodel delivery van, photographed in its natural habitat.
And my parcel looks like it has seen better days, however the items inside appear to be fine so guess it doesnt matter as this outer box is the sacrifice taken by being man handled by delivery drivers and depot handlers. 

The box is gratified with scribbled out numbers, curious.  


This is the parcel you are looking for.

Yodel's total delivery time stands at an impressive:
8 days, 18 hours, and 20 minutes


1 comment:

  1. Skypax services provide international consumers access to order any product from the
    UK and have it shipped to any destination Worldwide. We can forward or even purchase
    items directly for you from UK retailers or eBay and have them delivered directly to your home
    Uk delivery

    ReplyDelete