Friday 6 September 2013

Update

Its been a while since my last post, mainly because this whole incident had driven me close to madness and a rest was in order. 

4 monitors are better then 2
Above shows the 4 monitors that I ended up with, the top 2 are from Scan & DPD and the bottom 2 are from Amazon & Yodel.

A point to make here is that the order from Scan came in a nondescript box with both monitors safely packaged inside, to the point where I was annoyed at how much packing bubbles I had to pop so I could dispose of it. The monitor boxes are in perfect condition, unmarked and undamaged. 

The Amazon order simply had the monitor boxes shipped with the shipping labels slapped directly on the boxes:

Stickers Sir?
This is annoying for 2 reasons:

Security: You are having what could be 2 expensive items shipped that are clearly identifiable and accessible.

Resell: The stickers damage the box, and if like me you usually hang on to boxes for items that you believe you'll sell in the future this can be annoying. You can remove the documents but the labels need some work to obscure my name and address and removing them will damage the boxes further.

The boxes are fairly battered and Yodel took it upon themselves to write lots of different numbers on both boxes in either biro or marker (can see them on the box on the right). 

Also more worrying is that the boxes looked like they'd been opened as the seal was broken and the little cardboard flaps looked like they had been bent down. 

No security here, welcome.
I didn't bother opening the boxes to check inside them, after all they weren't mine and were owned by Amazon. 




Yodel know where to return the items if they couldn't deliver them, as had been the case for over 8 days. They never did try to call me on the phone number I gave them the evening the first day they should have delivered!

To the bitter end


Lies in ink
I think this picture is the most crucial in the entire episode. 

Yodel got back to me after I made a complaint and showed them this blog, as it was the easiest way to explain. They said they had spoken to the driver and found that he ran out of time and they would find out why he was allowed to run out of time on so many occasions when trying to deliver my package. 

Why then does it say "Wrong Add" on the label, and why was it then delivered to my billing address?

They admitted that the driver didn't have time, and not that the address was wrong! A worrying situation and I can't believe I was the only one to have fallen foul of Yodel not having enough time to deliver parcels. 

The actual end

Amazon arranged for CityLink to come and collect the monitors, they gave me a day and the ever helpful "courier time" of 9am to 5:30pm for collection. 

The monitors were collected (from the address Yodel had such issues delivering to) and the following day Amazon emailed me to say the items have been successfully returned. 

So here ends my adventures with Yodel, be wary of who is going to handle you parcels and if a company lets you down so badly then the only option is to not use them again. 

1 comment:

  1. Skypax services provide international consumers access to order any product from the
    UK and have it shipped to any destination Worldwide. We can forward or even purchase
    items directly for you from UK retailers or eBay and have them delivered directly to your home
    Uk delivery

    ReplyDelete